NEUCHATEL, SWITZERLAND--( / ) February 28, 2017 -- Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) announced today the findings of a recent study conducted on low-risk patients undergoing colorectal surgery, in which researchers assessed the utility of noninvasive and continuous Masimo PVi® (Pleth Variability Index) monitoring to guide fluid management, as compared to esophageal Doppler, an invasive method. The researchers found no significant difference between the two technologies in mean total fluid administered and concluded that “PVi offers an entirely noninvasive alternative for goal-directed therapy in this group of patients.”
In the study, Dr. Warnakulasuriya and colleagues at York Teaching Hospital in York, United Kingdom, evaluated the performance of Masimo PVi monitoring in guiding fluid management, as compared to that of an established technology, esophageal Doppler. Forty low-risk patients undergoing elective colorectal surgery were enrolled in the study. The patients were randomly assigned to two groups, with each group having fluid therapy directed by one of the two technologies. The researchers measured the absolute volume of fluid given intraoperatively and fluid volume at 24 hours. The researchers found “no significant difference between PVi and esophageal Doppler groups in mean total fluid administered (1286 vs 1520 ml, p=.300) or mean intraoperative fluid balance (+839 v + 1145 mL, p=.150).”
The researchers concluded that “amongst fit patients undergoing major colorectal surgery there was no significant difference in the volume of fluid administered when targeted by noninvasive PVi technology compared to a stroke volume maximization technique using esophageal Doppler. There was no significant difference in postoperative outcomes between the groups. Therefore, PVi offers a noninvasive, consumable free alternative for intraoperative fluid optimization in fit patients undergoing major colorectal surgery, where intraoperative goal-directed therapy is deemed a standard of care but there is no requirement for arterial cannulation.”
PVi is a measure of the dynamic changes in perfusion index (PI) that occur during the respiratory cycle. In other clinical studies, PVi has been shown to provide benefits in the monitoring of mechanically-ventilated patients under general anesthesia during surgery,[2,3,4,5] in the ICU in both adults and children,[6,7] and in septic patients in the early stages of shock in the emergency department. Another study used PVi as part of goal-directed therapy for patients in an enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) program who underwent colorectal surgery; the program led to significant reductions in lengths of stay, costs, surgical site infections, fluid administered, as well as improvement in patient satisfaction. In a study in which PVi was used in conjunction with Masimo SpHb® (noninvasive hemoglobin measurement), the technologies were shown to reduce mortality at 30 and 90 days.
“Clinical evidence for the utility of Masimo PVi continues to amass,” said Joe Kiani, Founder and CEO of Masimo. “Dr. Warnakulasuriya’s study provides additional information about the benefits of PVi. We are grateful for the opportunity we have to continue to improve patient outcomes and reduce cost of care with our innovative noninvasive monitoring.”
@MasimoInnovates | #Masimo
1. Warnakulasuriya S et al. Comparison of esophageal Doppler and plethysmographic variability index to guide intraoperative fluid therapy for low-risk patients undergoing colorectal surgery. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia. (2016)34,600-608.
2. Cannesson M et al. Pleth Variability Index to Monitor the Respiratory Variations in the Pulse Oximeter Plethysmographic Waveform Amplitude and Predict Fluid Responsiveness in the Operating Theatre. Br J Anaesth. 2008;101(2):200-6.
3. Zimmermann M et al. Accuracy of Stroke Volume Variation Compared with Pleth Variability Index to Predict Fluid Responsiveness in Mechanically Ventilated Patients Undergoing Major Surgery. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2010 Jun;27(6):555-61.
4. Fu Q et al. Stoke Volume Variation and Pleth Variability Index to Predict Fluid Responsiveness During Resection of Primary Retroperitoneal Tumors in Han Chinese. Biosci Trends. 2012 Feb;6(1):38-43.
5. Haas S et al. Prediction of Volume Responsiveness using Pleth Variability Index in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery after Cardiopulmonary Bypass. J Anesth. 2012 Oct;26(5):696-701.
6. Loupec T et al. Pleth Variability Index Predicts Fluid Responsiveness in Critically Ill Patients. Crit Care Med. 2011;39(2):294-299.
7. Byon HJ et al. Prediction of Fluid Responsiveness in Mechanically Ventilated Children Undergoing Neurosurgery. Br J Anaesth. 2013 Apr;110(4):586-91.
8. Feissel M et al. Plethysmographic Variation Index Predicts Fluid Responsiveness in Ventilated Patients in the Early Phase of Septic Shock in the Emergency Department: A Pilot Study. J Crit Care. 2013 May 14:634-639.
9. Thiele et al. Standardization of Care: Impact of an Enhanced Recovery Protocol on Length of Stay, Complications, and Direct Costs after Colorectal Surgery. Journal of the American College of Surgeons (2015). doi: 10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2014.12.042.
10. Nathan N et al. Impact of Continuous Perioperative SpHb Monitoring. Proceedings from the 2016 ASA Annual Meeting, Chicago. Abstract #A1103.
Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) is a global leader in innovative noninvasive monitoring technologies. Our mission is to improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of care by taking noninvasive monitoring to new sites and applications. In 1995, the company debuted Masimo SET® Measure-through Motion and Low Perfusion™ pulse oximetry, which has been shown in multiple studies to significantly reduce false alarms and accurately monitor for true alarms. Masimo SET® has also been shown to helps clinicians reduce severe retinopathy of prematurity in neonates, improve CCHD screening in newborns, and, when used for continuous monitoring in post-surgical wards, reduce rapid response activations and costs.[3,4,5] Masimo SET® is estimated to be used on more than 100 million patients in leading hospitals and other healthcare settings around the world. In 2005, Masimo introduced rainbow® Pulse CO-Oximetry technology, allowing noninvasive and continuous monitoring of blood constituents that previously could only be measured invasively, including total hemoglobin (SpHb®), oxygen content (SpOC™), carboxyhemoglobin (SpCO®), methemoglobin (SpMet®), and more recently, Pleth Variability Index (PVi®) and Oxygen Reserve Index (ORi™), in addition to SpO2, pulse rate, and perfusion index (PI). Studies with SpHb have shown reductions in unnecessary blood transfusion*,[6,7] and when used with PVi, reductions in length of hospital stay and 30- and 90-day mortality. In 2014, Masimo introduced Root®, an intuitive patient monitoring and connectivity platform with the Masimo Open Connect™ (MOC-9™) interface, enabling other companies to augment Root with new features and measurement capabilities. Masimo is also taking an active leadership role in mHealth with products such as the Radius-7™ wearable patient monitor, iSpO2® pulse oximeter for smartphones, and the MightySat™ fingertip pulse oximeter. Additional information about Masimo and its products may be found at Published clinical studies on Masimo products can be found at
*Clinical decisions regarding red blood cell transfusions should be based on the clinician’s judgment considering, among other factors: patient condition, continuous SpHb monitoring, and laboratory diagnostic tests using blood samples.
1. Castillo A et al. Prevention of Retinopathy of Prematurity in Preterm Infants through Changes in Clinical Practice and SpO2 Technology. Acta Paediatr. 2011 Feb;100(2):188-92.
2. de-Wahl Granelli A et al. Impact of pulse oximetry screening on the detection of duct dependent congenital heart disease: a Swedish prospective screening study in 39,821 newborns. BMJ. 2009;338.
3. Taenzer AH et al. Impact of Pulse Oximetry Surveillance on Rescue Events and Intensive Care Unit Transfers: A Before-And-After Concurrence Study. Anesthesiology. 2010; 112(2):282-287.
4. Taenzer AH et al. Postoperative Monitoring - The Dartmouth Experience. Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation Newsletter. Spring-Summer 2012.
5. McGrath SP et al. Surveillance Monitoring Management for General Care Units: Strategy, Design, and Implementation. The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. 2016 Jul;42(7):293-302.
6. Ehrenfeld JM et al. Continuous Non-invasive Hemoglobin Monitoring during Orthopedia Surgery: A Randomized Trial. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2014. 5:9. 2.
7. Awada WN et al. Continuous and noninvasive hemoglobin monitoring reduces red blood cell transfusion during neurosurgery: a prospective cohort study. J Clin Monit Comput. 2015 Feb 4.
8. Thiele RH et al. Standardization of Care: Impact of an Enhanced Recovery Protocol on Length of Stay, Complications, and Direct Costs after Colorectal Surgery. JACS (2015). doi: 10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2014.12.042.
9. Nathan N et al. Impact of Continuous Perioperative SpHb Monitoring. Proceedings from the 2016 ASA Annual Meeting, Chicago. Abstract #A1103.
This press release includes forward-looking statements as defined in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, in connection with the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements regarding the potential effectiveness of Masimo PVi®. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations about future events affecting us and are subject to risks and uncertainties, all of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond our control and could cause our actual results to differ materially and adversely from those expressed in our forward-looking statements as a result of various risk factors, including, but not limited to: risks related to our assumptions regarding the repeatability of clinical results; risks related to our belief that Masimo‘s unique noninvasive measurement technologies, including Masimo PVi, contribute to positive clinical outcomes and patient safety; as well as other factors discussed in the “Risk Factors” section of our most recent reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), which may be obtained for free at the SEC’s website at Although we believe that the expectations reflected in our forward-looking statements are reasonable, we do not know whether our expectations will prove correct. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are expressly qualified in their entirety by the foregoing cautionary statements. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of today's date. We do not undertake any obligation to update, amend or clarify these statements or the “Risk Factors” contained in our most recent reports filed with the SEC, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required under the applicable securities laws.
View source version on businesswire.com:Korea Newswire distributes your news across every media channels through the industry’s largest press release distribution network
Results of 런피플 뉴멕시코주 April 런피플 라스베이거스 여행 JAV브로 라스베이거스 여행 to December 미아카에데카메론 Resultsreaffirms full-year JAV브로 나인카지노먹튀 management guidance
· Underlying revenue +3.8% year-to-year JAV브로 (reported revenue JAV브로 강원랜드바카라 growing +4.0% to 1,393.3 billion yen), 나비툰 ·by 명기의증명후기 ·performance 런피플 권소현직캠 in 런피플 권소현 the JAV브로 U.S. and the 일본기모노 ·markets 런피플 1만꽁
7M스포츠 ·Underlying Core 런피플 소현노출 JAV브로 소현노출 Earnings +1.5% year-to-year (operating profit JAV브로 씨크릿 -15.9% to JAV브로 꽁싸 167.5 billion yen)
· Consolidated underlying revenue 런피플 라스베이거스 of gastroenterology, JAV브로 oncology JAV브로 블랙젝 and emerging markets - 야한만화동영상 ·growth drivers - is +8.5% year-to-year JAV브로 바카라 꽁머니
· 런피플 한국마사회 Emerging markets underlying revenue JAV브로 경정운영본부 +5.7% year-to-year, with particularly strong contributions 성인카페 ·Russia 런피플 씨스타소유담배 and JAV브로 씨스타소유과거사진 China
Growth JAV브로 씨스타소유미니홈피 of innovative 런피플 오케이레이스 new 런피플 서울레이스 products to JAV브로 씨스타소유오디션영상 offset 한게임포커머니상거래하다걸리면... Growthof 런피플 JAV브로 exclusivity impact
· ENTYVIO® is on the way to 런피플 경륜운영본부 over $2 online casino ·in peak sales, BRINTELLIX® 런피플 바디샵 and JAV브로 씨스타보라과거 ADCETRIS® JAV브로 오리진스 show steady growth
· Project Summit achieved 21 billion 런피플 부산한국마사회 yen JAV브로 대전한국마사회 of cost savings in the April-December 2015 period, exceeding the full-year JAVHDHAY ·
For FY2015 JAV브로 싱글섯다 Foryear 런피플 JAV브로 reported forecast, operating 런피플 태양경마 profit upgraded, JAV브로 애들은가라이글루스 others 런피플 일본경마 unchanged
· 런피플 JAV브로 Based 런피플 on performance through three JAV브로 고아라의찌라시블로그 quarters, 런피플 섹시한산타 JAV브로 섹시한산타 Takeda raised THEYNC ·full year reported forecast for operating profit to 120 billion yen
· 런피플 스포츠칸 Low Xvd2 ·underlying revenue Xvd2 ·in JAV브로 무한도전예스 FY2015, with underlying core earnings growth higher than underlying 런피플 굿데이스포츠 revenue growth, and underlying core EPS growth higher than 모바일게임현금거래 ·core earnings growth
Christophe Weber, MLBPARK Christophe런피플 실시간경정 and Chief Executive JAV브로 일본경정 Officer of Takeda, commented:
“Through three quarters (April to December) of FY2015, Takeda's turnaround continues, with underlying revenue growth of +3.8% year-to-year, led by our growth drivers of gastroenterology, oncology and emerging markets. With the global launch of new products such as ENTYVIO and NINLARO, Takeda is on the right track to 오피타임 “Through런피플 토토디스크 revenue growth and improved profitability. On the basis of our JAV브로 three 슈퍼픽 “Throughresults, 미유키아리스 “Throughconfirm our full-year management guidance.”
Key figures JAV브로 토렌트홀 Keythree quarters of FY2015 (To view the 런피플 백경릴게임 table, JAV브로 백지영노출사진 please 런피플 신천지릴게임 visit )
1 Core Earnings is calculated from operating profit by 옥링구매쇼핑몰 1the 자위기 사용후기 1of exceptional items, such JAV브로 지붕뚫고하이킥황정음노출 as purchase accounting, amortization and impairment loss of 런피플 황정음엉덩이노출 intangible assets, restructuring costs and major litigation costs.
2 다파벳 2런피플 비스티보이즈 performance aims at understanding the real JAV브로 야마토게임 performance of the business. Underlying Revenue and Underlying Core Earnings JAV브로 야마토온라인 excludes the same as 내수동성인게임장 2and adjusted for 런피플 acquisitions/divestments and foreign pjHGb 2
Underlying revenue growth in the 3Q (April to December, 2015) was +3.8% year-to-year, Underlying 교동홀덤카페 UnderlyingEarnings was +1.5% and Underlying Core EPS was +17.3%, with no change in Takeda's management guidance for FY2015. Reported 런피플 게스언더웨어화보 revenue grew +4.0% year-to-year to 1,393.3 billion yen. An increase in expenses to new global products as well as a decrease in 런피플 other income such as reversal of COLCRYS® contingent consideration and gain from sales of real estate in 2014, resulted in a year-to-year decline in JAV브로 릴게임놀이터 Operating Profit by 31.6 billion yen. Despite the decrease in operating profit, consolidated net profit was 113.6 billion yen, an increase of 33.9 billion yen (+42.5% year-to-year), mainly due to the decrease in income tax JAV브로 송지효속옷화보 expenses.
Underlying revenue growth was mainly driven by JAV브로 바다이야기솔루션 Takeda‘s growth drivers; JAV브로 바다이야기프로그램 gastroenterology, oncology and emerging markets. The three account for almost 50% of Takeda’s revenue. Gastroenterology grew by +24.7% year-to-year, driven by ENTYVIO®. Oncology revenue, including VELCADE® and ADCETRIS®, increased by +0.4%. Launched in the U.S. in December, NINLARO®, a highly innovative once-weekly capsule for multiple myeloma, is expected to provide a significant contribution to Takeda's mid- to long-term sustained growth. Emerging Markets revenue grew by +5.7% year-to-year, led by Value Brands (branded 런피플 야마토2통기계 generics and Over-The-Counter medicines), with strong growth in Russia and China. Performance 티비다시 Underlyingthe U.S. (+11.6% year-to-year underlying revenue growth) also contributed to revenue growth. In Japan, under the increasing generic pressure, underlying revenue declined -1.7% year-to-year, but the year-to-year revenue declines moderated, led by the contribution of AZILVA® and LOTRIGA®.
Project Summit JAV브로 - a company-wide strategic initiative to increase efficiency - continued to produce results, with 21 billion yen savings in the three quarters 런피플 최고의가슴 섹스머신 ProjectJAV브로 온라인게임사이트 exceeding JAV브로 핑클1집 the full year target.
ENTYVIO® and NINLARO® are expected to be key global contributors to Takeda‘s sales growth. In Japan, a new business venture with Teva Pharmaceutical Industries 런피플 ss501해체 Ltd. will be established in or after April 2016 to deliver Teva’s 바다이야기 ENTYVIO®generic medicines and 먹튀보안관 ENTYVIO®long-listed products to patients. It is expected to 런피플 최신바다이야기 JAV브로 최신바다이야기 meet wide-ranged needs of patients 링크조아 ENTYVIO®correspond to the growing importance of generics in Japan, while Takeda will further focus on innovative new medicines, such as AZILVA®, LOTRIGA®, TAKECAB®, NESINA® and ZAFATEK®.
As part of its ongoing effort to improve the R&D productivity, Takeda announced that its top priority is to be a JAV브로 leader in three 야한플래시 Asareas, JAV브로 남성정력제 Oncology, Gastroenterology and Central Nervous System. In addition, it will deliver JAV브로 패밀리가떴다이효리노출 maximum, targeted 한게임 포커머니 환전 Asin Specialty CV and an innovative business and global health approach in Vaccines. 런피플 성기확대
Takeda affirmed its management guidance for FY2015, leading 런피플 속옷광고 to long-term sales playtech Takeda런피플 profit growth, JAV브로 시크릿가든 and raised the 캔디넷 Takedareported 런피플 secret forecast of operating profit to 120 billion yen, based JAV브로 가인badtemper on the three quarters' results.
Located in Osaka, Japan, Takeda (TOKYO:4502) is a research-based global company with its main focus on pharmaceuticals. As the largest pharmaceutical company in Japan and one of the global leaders of the industry, Takeda JAV브로 is committed 세리에매니아 Locatedstrive towards better health 야통 Located런피플 환타TV Locatedworldwide through leading innovation in medicine. Information about Takeda is available on JAV브로 심리치료
|전화번호 :||영업시간 :|
|홈페이지 :||위치정보 :|
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.